It’s hard to believe that Microsoft Teams has been in-market for two years. The product and service show a level of maturity and fit-and-finish that we typically do not see from new entrants to the Microsoft Office suite.
The reason? Huge momentum with customers. Today, more than 500,000 organizations of all sizes are using Teams to collaborate, including 91 of the Fortune 100 Companies. At Prophet Business Group, we’re noticing this momentum in some very exciting ways. First, increasing numbers of clients are approaching their Office 365 migration with Teams as their primary motivation. Clients have seen and heard messaging related to Microsoft Teams and want to start using the service before many of the other traditional components of Office 365 like cloud e-mail and SharePoint. Second, we are working with a growing number of existing Office 365 users who want to get more for their subscription dollar, and see Teams as a way to digitally transform projects and tasks typically tracked manually, on paper, or on physical tracking-boards.
This is certainly the best time to keep your eyes trained on Office 365 and Microsoft Teams. With a huge customer base and excitement for the service, Microsoft has announced a plethora of new features as it continues to refine the offering:
- Blurred or custom backgrounds for Teams video calling, remove distractions and focus on your meeting.
- Firstline worker enhancements, including scheduling and shift planning built-in.
- Improvements to Dynamics 365 integrations.
- Secure Channels, improving end-to-end security for communications.
- Improvements to Data Loss Prevention, keep your company secrets safe.
- Support for additional cameras, so you can see more in-room participants.
- Whiteboard intelligence, automatic enhancement of white boarding (even when someone is standing in front of the whiteboard).
Turn to Prophet Business Group to guide you to Office 365 and Microsoft Teams. Whether you are new to the cloud productivity world, or looking to migrate from Skype for Business to improve collaboration – we can help!
Want to see Teams? Check out our On-Demand Microsoft Teams webinars: https://www.prophet.ca/office-365-webinars-on-demand