Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018
Dynamics GP 2018 was released on December 1st, 2017 with some exciting new features. Over the next few months we will be reviewing these new features in newsletters, blog posts and videos.
Here is a high level list of the new features that were added to 2018.
Comprehensive Doc Attach
- Doc Attach added to more windows (Receivables and GL Transaction Entry)
- View and modify attachments in inquiry windows (Fixed Assets Inquiry, Vendor Inquiry, Customer Inquiry)
- Can view, add and edit attachments in Payables Edit Transaction window.
- New sort options on many inquiry windows
- No more repeated prompts for the system password on current logged in session
- Change of window names from Checks or Cheques to Payments
- Smartlist favorites with unique password protection
- Better user experience when using web client with Autocomplete, Smartlist and Bank Reconciliation
- Copy user access across Analytical Accounting dimension codes
- Ability to print and email a single statement from the customer card
- Purchase Order Generator opens Purchase Order Navigation List for only those PO’s
- Print Purchase Requisition
- Display hold status on the Sales Transaction Entry window
- Select one payment per invoice setting on Vendor card
- Payables Select Payments settings can be saved for future use
- Reminder emails for workflow
- Copy workflow steps
- Reporting for workflow
- General ledger account workflow approval
- Purchase receiving workflow
- Purchase Enter/Match Invoice workflow
- Payables, Purchase Order and EFT bank Detail Additional fields for Workflow
- Employee Self Service Workflow / email enhancements
Power “Suite” Evolution
- Support Paging, Filtering and OData V4.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Power BI Content Pack.
A lot of the new features come from recommendations from you, the end users. To suggest your own new feature that you would like to see added in a future release, navigate to the following link https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions and suggest a new feature or vote on suggestions from other users.
To move to Dynamics GP 2018 you must have SQL 2014 or higher. Also only Office 2013 and 2016 are supported with Dynamics GP 2018. The server must be running Windows Server 2012 or higher as Windows Server 2008 is no longer supported.
If you are currently on an older version of Dynamics GP, here is a link to new features that have been added since Dynamics GP 2015, along with some detail on the Dynamics GP 2018 new features.